From the article: 50 Greatest Boxers of All-Time
Sugar Ray Robinson is at the top of most lists of the greatest boxers of all-time ... but beyond him there tends to be no consensus whatsoever. Who do you think belongs at number two? What do you think of the ESPN list? (Note that it was complied in 2007 which accounts for the absence of Manny Pacquiao). What would you change? Who was left off? Who doesn't belong?
- No lennox lewis? You gotta be kiddin me, American poll by any chance? Once again as when he was boxing giving him no respect. Jealousy? Longevity, time as champ, took on everyone, much avoided by bowe and tyson in mid 90s, no unavenged defeats and in late 30s and way past prime beating v.klitch in his prime. Come on guys!!
- —Guest Durhamholden
stink like a bee is wrong
- Why do u say pacman has beaten 3 fighters on the list? Your wrong, name them lol
- —Guest Joe
- Ali all the way he really is tge greatest fighter to walk the planet. Name whoever ya want but nothing can touch him. If u don't know the legacy or history of Ali maybe it's time u sit back,watch a few dvds and learn a few things about boxing.
- —Guest Babycas
50 greatest boxers all time
- Wilfredo Gomez is not on this list?, is this a joke?, what happened to benitez ?. Somebody at the magazine is drinking some serious whiskey
- —Guest rando miller
get F AND BIG F
- JOKE OF THE CENTURY.MUHAMMED ALI IS NO.1 AND OFCOURSE NASEEM HAMEED IS TOP 50 OF ALL TIME.MIKE TYSON IS NO.2 OF ALL TIME.
- —Guest palay
Wow. Just wow.
- Christ, that list is insane and blasphemy! Sanchez is at least top 25, Leonard should be top 15 and so should Chavez! Olivarez is ranked too high. Gans and Greb should be ranked higher, but many of the rest old timers ranked way too high. Dempsey and Johnson top 10-15? HELL NO!!!
- —Guest CAF
Where is Tito Trinidad
- Where is Tito Trinidad in that list,I know He was one of the best.
- —Guest ruben
- How can Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrea be in this list and not Manny Pacquiao a man who beat both of these fighters twice each these ratings must have been put together by idiots!!!
- —Guest Michael
didnt really try
- you guys seem like you picked names out a hat and saw who went to go first!! Joe frazier should've been in like the teen numbers!!!! plus juan manuel marquez should be up there as well
- —Guest sifero
- What is this list ranked on?? How is riddick bowe nowhere to be found? the dude went 43-1-1. also mike tyson as #50 is ridiculous and the only reason you don't have time in the ring on him is cuz his bouts were less than a minute.
- —Guest Cod7y brown
- i understand where you are coming from. i get it alot myself. but it is true. whether or not you can beat me in a fight. it doesn't make a difference to me really. i hate fighting. and yes i have been doing muay thai since i was 4. and i been doing boxing also since i was 4. i'm a semi pro boxer but won't go pro cos i don't wanna get the nose job. and yes. i am rather good at muay thai. i may not have the bone strength as i should. but i'm rather good at it anyway.
- —Guest ggzaRANKEGcvvAYhsMv
- what about manny paquiao? is he not still included in the 50 greatest boxers?
- —Guest gaara
- archie moore had over 200 ko's in a long career, need i say any more? The man fought Joe Louis, Marciano, Patterson and even fought Ali. The man had over 230 fights. The number of fights he had equals three or four of other champs records put together. One other thing Archie Moore, apears twice in your top 50 list. What is up with that?
- —Guest david honus
- archie moore had over 200 ko's in a long career need i say any moore. The man fought Joe Louis, Marciano, Patterson and even fought Ali. The man had over 230 fights. The number of fights he had equals three or four of other champs records put together
- —Guest david honus
mike tyson 50?????
- ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING???? THE YOUNGEST CHAMPION AND THE BIGGEST OF ALL TIME IS 50 ON YOUR LIST??? THIS MUST BE JOKE... DO YOU REMEMBER MATCHES OF MIKE TYSON.... THE WHOLE WORLD WATCHED "THE MOST FEARED MAN OF ALL TIME" ... NO OTHER FIGHTER IN HISTORY WAS AS DANGEROUS AS MIKE.. WITH ALL RESPECT TO THESE BOXERS, THEY AREN'T LIKE MIKE.... MIKE IS THE GREATEST OF ALL TIME... RESPECT MIKE...
- —Guest antonio
1-15 of 541Next