From the article: The Pound-for-Pound Top Fifty
Tell us what you think of our pound-for-pound ranking of the top 50 boxers in the world today. Do you agree that Manny Pacquaio belongs at number one? Or do believe Floyd Mayweather Jr. still wears the mythical P4P crown? What else do you like - or dislike - about our list? Fights fans are nothing if not passionate so don't hold back, tell us how you really feel ...
- I would go Floyd, Ward, then maybe Danny Garcia three, last would be Alvarez.
- —Guest alexander j Ybarra
- Boxing's just becoming full of politics and stupidity. I'd start with pee drinker jm marquez. I remembered a few years back, after the pacquiao draw, they offered him 750,000 for a rematch and refused. Then he ended up fighting chris john for 40,000 in indonesia or malaysia which was a total robbery. And now he's asking for 5 million dollars plus ppv percentage? He only earned about 2-3 million against mayweather and now he demands to raise it? I don't know where he's going with this. Is he doing this to make it look like pacquiao's avoiding him? Next chicken boy floyd mayweather? Where's your big mouth when words out your boy al haymon was negotiating with hbo and bob arum? Where was it when delahoya and schaeffer denied these negotiations and where was it when there was a timetable to sign the deal, where was it when hbo's ross made your camp looked like an idiot when he admitted there was a deal, and where the f*ck are you now when your few remaining fans looked like and idiot and continue to defend you against us pactards.. And lastly, to my idol manny pacman pacquiao and money faced bob arum, Why pick mosely??? Why??? You guys earned a lot of money already!!! Don't you guys want pacquiao's legacy?? Pacquiao you're already a legend and nobody can ever duplicate 8 lineal championship belts, but why stop there??? You can have your name at the top without any question and criticism.. Make a name for yourself without any doubts from anyone!!! Can't you just use your remaining years to fight for legacy?? Instead of old fart mosely and pee brain jmm. Why not make it berto then bradley etc. Pac dont let bob fool you.. Don't let your legacy take a hit because of the benjamins!!!! +1
- —Guest syqImCfoWepLn
- FINALLY someone with some sense and the know how to see what's really going on. Way to go man, way to go dude! Mayweather fights De La Hoya, then Whammy does. Mayweather fights Hatton, them Whammy does. Mayweather fights Mosely, then Whammy does. And like you said, it's never good enough when Mr. Mayweather annihilates opponents before Whammy gets them. But when that pussy fights them, it's the right fight and another challenge for Whammy to prove himself. Like Floyd has been saying for years, he gets no credit for what he's done and is doing for boxing but this HYPE-GUY gets the attention and props because he's NICE and takes Floyd's leftovers. It's all good though, Floyd is going to strike when the time is right you watch and see. And when he does, the fucking planet will be eating out of his hands and kissing his ass once again. Every opponent the public and boxing experts picked to dethrone this man; only fueled Floyd to put on his best performance look at his disk-set man it's all there. The man delivers the money and the results when it really really matters. And Whammy is going to fall and fall hard with Floyd standing over him and eying Freddie Choke in the corner! Anybody who's a boxing expert or TRUE die-hard fan of the sport knows Floyd is going to beat and embarrass anybody put in front of him it's been proven time after time. The real question is this, can Whammy handle the hate from the same people who supported him; when he falls??? Society has put him on such a high; the man doesn't know what reality is like anymore he and his trainer thinks he's invincible. I can't wait to see the soap-opera that unfolds when Floyd or Shane put these bitches to sleep the planet is going to be in a frenzy and Whammy will be on heavy suicide watch, you watch and see what I tell you! MAYWEATHER NATION SIGNING OUT MANE! -2
- —Guest kepvYeYXxLpjvUhXgUG
- 1 pacman, 10 times world champ. And 8 divsion. No other who got it. 2 may weathr', 3 donaire
- —Guest josh
- What about Austin trout who beat cotto and is not on this list come on he should be in the top 20
- —Guest Bruno8124
- Really think ricky burn sould be top ten defo not 30 th hasn't lost in like five yes beat a two world class fights and is being duck by anufa top fight in broner defo sould be top Brit at least froch has lost twice since brunes lost xx
- —Guest jordon
Top fighters by earnings
- Can you show us who are the current top fighters by their earnings?
- —Guest ummer
- My p4p top 5 is 1 mayweather 2 ward 3 martinez 4 marquez and 5 when are you going to fight someone who is great and in their prime Ms. Pacman?
- —Guest robert c
Pound-for-Pound Top 50
- Your list looks ok to me except that it is mixed up. Would consider a segregated list by weight? This would make comparisons easier.
sergio and manny would have shared no.1
- floyd is nothing, he picks his opponent and ducks anyone he thinks could whoop his ass. his defense is unimpressive, boxing is all about brawl, outboxing, power and speed. not back pedalling. both manny and maravilla has all what it takes to b d greatest.
- —Guest victoria,tarlac(astrero)
POUND FOR POUND
- #1-MAYWEATHER #2- MARTINEZ #3-WARD #4-PACKMAN #5-DONAIRE.
- —Guest JALEEL EL-SHABAZZ
- 1. mayweather 2. pacman 3.wladamir klitshko 4. vitali klitshko 5.sergio martinez 6.nonito donaire 7. tim bradley 8.juan manuel marquez 9. Andre ward 10. miguel cotto
- —Guest boxer
# 1-Manny Pacquiao
- if i would make a top 10 list of the best pound per pound it would be this 1- manny pacquiao (no doubt in my mind he beat marquez and bradley) 2-floyd mayweather (he was impressive against cotto) 3-sergio martinez (at is best he could be # 2 on the list) 4-wladimir klitshko (is domination is outstanding) 5-nonito donaire (donaire is good but can he beat anselmo moreno ???) 6-andre ward (he was really good against carl froch) 7-miguel cotto (one of the best boxer of this era) 8-saul alvarez (he's progression is oblivious and he reminds me of 1 the best amateur boxer of all time matthew hilton) 9-timothy bradley (he was clearly beat by manny pacquiao but he show me that is 1 of the best warrior in the world) 10-anselmo moreno (one of the most underrated boxer in the world )
- —Guest darkwarrior
- I agree with the top 3. Until the time comes when pacman beats money and Bradley... no doubt that pacman is #1!!! Sergio will then take the #2 spot pushing Bradley to the bottum 10 or so.
- —Guest SM
pound 4 pound
- 1 mayweather 2 pacman 3 marquez 4 ward 5 donaire 6 martinez 7 w klitschko 8 froch 9 bradley 10 v klitschko 11 dawson 12 hopkins 13 khan 14 rios 15 kessler
- —Guest lee stott
1-15 of 125Next